Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat is throwing up clear liquid now

Customer Question

My cat is throwing up clear liquid for days now
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

Yes, a symptom of hyperthyroidism can be vomiting, but also, if he was started on oral medication for hyperthyroidism (methimazole), this can also cause nausea in some cats.

I'm glad the vet gave you easily digestible food for him, and there is also a Science Diet prescription food especially for hyperthyroidism, called Y/D, so you can discuss that possibilitywith your vet, as well.

If Bart is nauseated, you can give him 1/4 of a 10 mg. Pepcid AC (Famotidine) tablet 20 minutes before his first meal of the day and this over the counter acid controller, should help. Here is more information: CLICK

Try to feed him smaller meals more frequently and see if that helps.

You don't want him to become dehydrated if he is only throwing up clear liquid, so add some children's unflavored, clear Pedialyte to his water bowl (50/50) to restore any electrolytes he may be losing.

I hope all will be well with Bart and please let me know how he's doing. Thanks!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to ask for any clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry don't find this useful at all. All info can be searched by Internet. And if this costs me $31 and a face to face consultant costs $65, too much I am afraid
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry you did not find my suggestions useful. Without a hands on examination by a vet and some lab work, there is just so much we can recommend with home remedies. I believe my answer contained a great deal of helpful information, but you are not obligated to accept it.

I will opt out and your question will be available to all other experts in the category.

I hope all will be well with your kitty!

Warmest regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No one replied me further? Thought it said if we are not satisfied we are not obliged to pay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund me au$31