Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat jumped down and possibly dislocated s p he won't even

Customer Question

my cat jumped down and possibly dislocated his hip he won't even use his back right leg this happened 20 minutes ago
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat's injury.

He will need to be seen by an ER vet (if your regular vet is not open at this time) to assess his injury and be treated. Try to keep him as immobile as possible until you can get him to the vet and don't allow him to jump up onto or down from any surfaces. If you have a large dog crate, put him in there, with towels covering the bottom of the crate and if big enough, include a small dish with food/water and a litterbox (not near the food).

If you don't know of any ER vet centers in your area, please let me know your zipcode and I will be glad to research this for you.

I hope all will be well with your furry boy!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.

Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to ask for any clarification or additional information.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I'm just checking in with you to see how your boy is doing.

Were you able to have him seen by a vet and treated?

Please let me know, as I am concerned for him and hope everything will be alright. Thanks!

Warmest regards,

Cher