Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I received a bouquet a couple of weeks ago. I did not think

Customer Question

I received a bouquet a couple of weeks ago. I did not think there were lilies in it, but on closer inspection, there might have been something in the lily family. My cat ate a couple of the leaves and I threw it away. My cat has been intermittently vomiting since that time and has had a decreased appetite. She still acts normally, though somewhat more subdued.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry you are worried. Many plants are NOT toxic but can irritate the GI tract and cause vomiting and or diarrhea.

However, Lilies ARE toxic and can cause renal issues. ..... sometimes weeks after ingestion.

If there is any chance Lilies were in the bouquet, it is best to have the vet check her kidney function.

She is most likely fine but I would err on the side of caution and have her checked out.

Please let me know how she is doing.

Love,

Terri