Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My male cat seems to have a swollen bottom lip...I thought

Customer Question

My male cat seems to have a swollen bot***** *****p...I thought it was his tongue but it's his "lip"...no bad breath...just noticed it today...doesn't hurt him if I touch it....slightly firm. ??
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

How long does Benny have this trouble?

Is he able to eat with his lip that way?

Is he an indoor kitty?

After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer or if you wish, we can speak on the phone

Thanks

Terri

Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I was hoping to hear back from you so we could talk about Benny. I will send you some information and you are welcome to reply anytime.

He may have banged or hit his lip. Apply a cold compress 5 minutes on and ten off for an hours. If you use ice put a towel in between so its not directly on his skin.

If he has sore, dab on a bit of raw honey. It is safe to lick and will heal it right up.

Other possibilities are an eosinophilic granuloma or a herpes sore (not contagious to people.

Please let me know how Benny is doing. I hope he feels better very soon.

Love,

Terri