Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

I just pulled a grub out of my cats face.. She now has a big

Customer Question

I just pulled a grub out of my cats face.. She now has a big flesh wound on her entire face and the other side of her face is swollen and over her eye and every 30 minutes looks worse with rashes very itchy.. How do I treat her infections?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and Gotto, today.
I'm so sorry to hear about her infections.
I'm afraid her condition has gotten so bad, that you will no longer be able to treat this at home, but she will need to be seen by a vet, as soon as possible.
She will need oral antibiotics and her wounds will need to be cleaned out well and treated with topical antibiotics.
If you think she is infested with fly larva, these must be removed carefully by the vet, as they contain loads of bacteria, and she really needs to have this done right away. If your vet doesn't have weekend or emergency hours, you should bring her to an ER vet center near you. If you don't know of any in your area, please tell me your zipcode and I will help you search for one.
You've done everything you can do for her at home, with the Neosporin, etc., but now it's imperative that she is evaluated by a vet to treat her wounds and infections, before they worsen.
I have downloadable coupons for a free first visit for new patients at these two vet hospitals; they are open extended hours and on the weekends, so hopefully one is near you:
http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/offer
http://www.banfield.com/landing/index.html
I hope all will be well with Gotto!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positively, as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to update me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Warmest regards,
Cher