Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My cat is having difficulty urinating and has made multiple

Customer Question

My cat is having difficulty urinating and has made multiple trips to the litter box without urinating. He has not gone to the rest room in 4 hours. He had his 2 mg diazepam at 5 pm and then I gave him another one at 9 pm. Several weeks ago, he was hospitalized for being blocked.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am very sorry to hear about Sam and his difficulty urinating. From your description unfortunately it sounds like he is blocked again. He needs to be seen immediately by your vet or an emergency hospital to be examined and unblocked. As you know this can be life threatening and you do not want to wait. Not going in 4 hours and going to the box this many times is definite sign that he is probably blocked. Even with the medications he will need to be seen immediately.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!