Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Im just looking up possible causes as to why my 12-13wk old

Customer Question

Im just looking up possible causes as to why my 12-13wk old kitten has bald patch above eyes n has a watery mucus left eye
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and Ninja today.
I'm sorry to hear that she's experiencing these problems.
If she has a bald patch above his eyes, this can have various causes: She could have external parasites like fleas or mites, she could have ringworm, a fungal skin infection, she could have developed an allergic skin reaction to a flea bite or something in her environment.
Here is more information on ringworm:
http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2134&aid=223
The watery mucus in her left eye could be caused by an eye infection, a scratched cornea, a tiny foreign particle in the eye, or the beginnings of an upper respiratory infection. She also may have the herpes virus (different from the herpes virus in humans).
These conditions need to be evaluated in person by a vet as soon as possible, so they can be definitely diagnosed and then Ninja can be treated most appropriately.
For the moment, gently wipe away any discharge from her affected eye and place a cool, damp, wrung-out regular tea bag on her closed eye for 5 minutes on, 15 minutes off, for 2 hours. The tannic acid in the tea will help to draw out infection. However, this is just a 'for the moment' suggestion and she will still need to see the vet, as it will not cure any infection if one exists.
I hope all will be well with your little Ninja!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Warmest regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay i will try using the tea bag and warm wash cloth but yes she will be going into our vet Monday. .
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.
That sounds like a great plan and of course, if you should notice any worsening of her symptoms, you always the option of an ER vet, over the weekend.
I hope everything will be fine with Ninja and please let me know what the vet tells you. Thanks!
Warmest wishes,
Cher