Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I just got a 8 week old cat, it seemed fine, active,

Customer Question

I just got a 8 week old cat, for 2days it seemed fine, active, playful, now i woke up to find him paralized with his head turned to the far left. He is breathing but wont move. He seems very tense
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:
Can he move any of his legs on his own?
If you pinch a toe on his back leg, can he feel it?
Does he have a head tilt?
Are his eyes flickering back and forth?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Too late, i just got back from the emergy vet in colonia NJ. The vet did blood work and ended up putting the kitten down. He was in a coma and was having seizures.
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
I am very sorry to hear that was the case.
I will pass you back to customer service now.
Please take care,
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, i know its not you, but i aked this queation at 4 am. I thought this was a 24 hr emergency spot