Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I'm looking on whether coconut milk is bad, and if so, why.

Customer Question

I'm looking for info on whether coconut milk is bad for cats, and if so, why. My husband and I have switched from dairy milk to an almond-coconut blend. We often let our cat finish the last few drops in a cereal bowl. She's six and in robust good health. Would this be bad for her with the new almond-coconut milk? If so, why? (A particular chemical, too much fat, vitamin balance off for a cat, etc.)
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
You do not have to worry one bit. Coconut milk will not hurt Mackie one but. So, it is fine for her to lick up a few drops from a cereal bowl.
If sh e gets hairballs all you have to do is add a few drops of salmon oil to her food every day to eradicate them
http://www.petco.com/product/109074/Wild-Alaskan-Salmon-Oil-Cat-Food-Supplement.aspx
She sounds like a lovely kitty. She is VERY lucky to have YOU!
Love,
Terri