Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

We have had a Tomcat years, he's about 4 years old now. last

Customer Question

good evening. We have had a Tomcat for two years, he's about 4 years old now. For the last year we've had to pen him in a large kennel because of a neighbor who moved in with 10 cats. The neighbor cats were fighting with our cat, Jesse, we had to take him into the vet for stitches twice.
In his kennel he's got plenty of room, plenty of water and shade and a misting system when it's hot. I brush him daily and give him as much attention as possible. He doesn't like to stay in the house, that's why the kennel. He's due for his yearly exam next month. I placed a calming collar a few weeks ago which seems to work wonders, but he started meowing again these last 2 days. I've noticed black areas around his mouth and nose. I've never noticed them before. Possibly they were always there but I've never noticed them to this extent on his mouth, gums and around his nose.
He eats and drinks well and I keep his area clean.
thank you
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry poor Jesse must be in a kennel because of the neighbors cats.
Are the black areas sticky?
Thanks,
Terri