Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My 18 month old cat seems otherwise healthy but in the inside

Customer Question

My 18 month old cat seems otherwise healthy but in the inside corners of his eyes the membranes seem a little swollen. Should I be worried?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry Jet has this trouble. It does sound like an allergic reaction to grass pollen.
As long as he is eating and eliminating normally it is NOT necessary to stress him with a vet visit at this time
Apply damp, room temp teabags to his eyes. Try to leave it on 2 minutes and off 10 for an hour. Repeat every four hours.
The tanic acid in the tea will sooth and reduce the swelling.
Please let me know how Jet is doing.
Just press reply and I will be here for you.
Please be so kind as rate my answer so I am credited by the site, Rating will not close our conversation. I will still be here for you at no additional charge.
Love,
Terri