Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Trying to get a female cat to pee. Had surgery 2 days ago

Customer Question

trying to get a female cat to pee. Had surgery 2 days ago
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and your Banjo today.
What type of surgery did she have?
Is she eating and drinking? Is she having bowel movements?
Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She had a patella luxation Thursday. She is eating and drinking pretty well. Hasn't had a bowel movement or pee since early Friday..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are trying to express her bladder with massage right now.
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your helpful reply.
Is she able to walk and/or stand in the litterbox to eliminate, or does she need to keep off the leg/foot where the surgery was performed?
Trying to express her bladder with massage and pressure is the best thing to do. These step by step instructions should help:
http://www.handicappedpets.com/how-to-express-your-cats-bladder
I hope all will be well with Banjo!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Warmest regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tim,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Banjo. How is everything going?
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is getting a bit better. Peeing Daily and 1st BM today. Thanks for checking in.
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Tim and you're most welcome!
Thanks so much for your update on Banjo and I'm very glad she's improving. It's great to hear that she is peeing every day and had her first b.m. today.
After surgery/anesthesia, it can play havoc with her entire system, so as long as she is exhibiting these positive signs with elimination, that's fantastic.
It would be appreciated if you could please rate my answer so I am recognized by the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!
If you have any questions in the future, please don't hesitate to request me by name and begin your post by typing "For Cher Only" and I will answer asap.
You really made my day with this great news and I hope Banjo continues to recover nicely!
Warmest wishes,
Cher