Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Terri our 4 month old kitten appears to have been attacked in the garden. Took him to a

Customer Question

Hi Terri our 4 month old kitten appears to have been attacked in the garden. Took him to a vets because he couldn't stand on this back legs properly . Vet first diagnosed possibly a bite and gave an antibiotic shot and antiinflamotries. That was a week ago and he apprears to have got worse. He had xrays and doesn't appear to have any broken bones or joint damages
However he cant support himself on his back legs. He appears to have feeling in them and his tail
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am so sorry your fur baby was injured. Do you see any wounds, sores or swelling?Is he eating and able to eliminate?Do his legs feel cold?
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I was hoping to hear right back from you so we could talk about Loki's injuries.If x-rays showed no broken bones but he is still having trouble with his legs I would check for a disc or verebra injury in his back or neck. You may need to do an MRI to diagnose this.You can read about spinal injuries here:http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_cats_with_broken_tails.html Please let me know what the tests show and how Loki is doing. I hope he feels better very soon. Love,Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Loki. How is everything going?

Terri