Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My 15 year old diabetic cat has been home

Customer Question

.My 15 year old diabetic cat has been home for two weeks after a three day vet visit for an infection (of unknown origin). He refuses to eat ANYTHING. He licks the surface of wet food, constantly gulping, with some regurgitation. I am bottle feeding him with blended/liquified pate food. I add some pepsid and a medicine that functions to coat for his throat Still he refuses to eat and is rapidly losing weight. I give him about 200-250 calories/day and 200ml in fluids. Why is he still not eating? What should I do???
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Havoc started when I went on vacation and his caretaker had difficulty with his insulin injections. On my return home, I was horrified that he was in such rough shape. His blood sugar levels were very high almost 400. He had a fever too, due to an infection. My vet got both under control. His blood sugar levels are stable and the infection has been taken care of. There is some concern that his the values denoting kidney health are still not back to his normal. He is slightly anemic (gets EPO injections). I understand that kidney issues are a problem in older cats.
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like a refund please and thank you.