petdrz
petdrz, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

My cats temp is 97.5 he's not drinking a lot of water and he's

Customer Question

My cats temp is 97.5 he's not drinking a lot of water and he's unstable
Category: Cat
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you. Those are very concerning signs and most often a sign of very serious illness. That is a low body temperature and occurs most commonly with systemic illness or organ dysfunction like kidney or liver disease. It is really impossible to say without a thorough physical examination and bloodwork, but I can tell you that without veterinary intervention, you will likely not have success in resolving this. I would strongly urge you to seek out a veterinarian as soon as possible. This would be your best course of action to get to a diagnosis and help Max. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.Dr Z