Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

There We have recently rescued to white kittens, the female is fine and doing great. Th

Customer Question

Hi there We have recently rescued to white kittens, the female is fine and doing great. The male is not doing so well. They have been dewormed, and had a vet check, but the male over the last week has started having loose stools again and now for 2 days has what appears to be a pouch or bubble that extends from his rectum to his wee wee to where you can't even really see the wee wee anymore. He seems in good spirits and does not act like it bothers him. I am at a loss but before I take him back to the vet wanted to check to see what it could be
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Bless you for rescuing!
I am sorry Winter is having trouble.
Can you please tell me more about him?
How long has he had loose stools?
What food is he eating?
are the fleas gone?
after your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.
Thanks,
Terri
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So he has had loose stools for the past week it has been fairly bad after the dewormer he was given at the vet I have been bathing him daily because he has long hair and it is a mess, he is eating purina kitten chow moistened and also I have been giving him and his sister the milk supplement for kittens once a day. His fleas are all not gone, though I use the flea comb daily and if I can get him well use the frontline when they are old enough. Its just odd that this lump or pouch has appeared.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.
The "bubble" is either an abscess, a hernia or an infected anal sac.
Lets tackle the lose stool first. Get a jar of baby food chicken or turkey with no onion or garlic. Add a tablespoon of rice cereal to the jar. Feed until stool is normal for 24 hours. Then begin canned kitten food
Also give each baby a half tsp of plain yogurt for "good" bacteria.
Since Winter is 8 weeks you can use advantage or frontline flea control on his neck.
You can also use avon skin so soft to rid him of fleas.
Apply a warm compress on the bubble 3 minutes on and ten off for an hour.
Please let me know how he is doing. Just press reply and I will be here for you.
Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!
If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.
Love,
Terri
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. Just wanted to let you know I did take the little kitten into the vet again and it was learned at that time that he had Atresia ani, no opening back there. Don't know that was not discovered at the prior visit, sadly to say he has passed on due to complications with this. His sister is doing awesome.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry you lost the little boy. It is heartbreaking. I am thrilled his sister is doing so well.Bless you for taking such awesome care of them.If you need me just write and I will be here for you!Love,Terri