Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat is sensitive and the stupid vet gave her clavamox slight teary eye in the ri

Customer Question

My cat is sensitive and the stupid vet gave her clavamox for a slight teary eye in the right eye. She first gave him tobramycin eye drop and cat had an allergic reaction. Then she gave oral clavamox he took 2 doses of clavamox with last dose on Friday morning. Cat still urinating but food and water are thrown up. Now the cat hasn't ate hardly any food. How long it takes for clavamox be totally out of his system so will stop vomiting
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry Roastam had this reaction to clavamox....poor baby.
The medication should be out of his system within 48 hours BUT he may still have an upset tummy.
Go out and get baby food chicken or turkey with NO onion or garlic.
And Pepcid a/c (famotidine)
Add a quarter of a ten mg pill to a tablespoon of baby food.
http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/famotidine-pepcid/page1.aspx
Wait 20 - 40 minutes and offer the rest of the jar. Feed him ONLY baby food for the next 48 hours.
If he has diarrhea add one tsp of rice cereal to the jar.
Also give one half tsp a day of plain yogurt to replace the good bacteria the antibiotic has killed off.
Please let me know how he is doing. Just press reply and I will be here for you.
Please be so kind as to rate my answer positively as that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!
If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your fur baby.. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.
Love,
Terri