Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

I accidentally put cig flea med on my 2 month old kitten

Customer Question

I accidentally put cig flea med on my 2 month old kitten help
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My grandchild is freaking...I only put 2 small drops and the.car.is shaking
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and your kitten, today.
Sorry for the delayed response, but the expert you requested is not currently available, so I had to wait for the request lock to expire, before I could send an answer.
Wash off the flea medicine at the site where you put the 2 drops, with a lather of warm water and original blue Dawn dishwashing liquid or any dishwashing liquid you have in the house that does not contain 'crystals' or bleach. Rinse well, then towel dry the kitten, keeping her warm and then, bring her to the nearest ER vet center for evaluation and treatment.
You wrote 'cig' flea med. and I assume you mean 'dog' flea med. Because this was too strong for her, she's exhibiting this reaction. Due to her young age and shaking, and possibly other symptoms, she should be seen in person so they can treat her and help her feel more comfortable, asap.
I hope you're able to have her seen right now. If you don't know where your nearest ER vet center is located, please check this site:
http://www.vetlocator.com/hotline.php
I hope all will be well with your kitten and please let me know how she is doing. Thanks!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Warmest wishes,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cher