Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

I was away last couple of days to come home to

Customer Question

Hi. I was away for the last couple of days to come home to our cat not feeling well. Maroney is a 6 yr old, 20 lb male cat. He is vomiting, moving slowly and hiding quite a bit. He suffers from hypermedia (pardon the spelling). He is also backing up against objects and kneading his back legs. He is acting like he is uncomfortable. I'm not sure when his last bowel movement was and neither does my boyfriend. What got me was your response about the vomit being the color of food. His is.
Category: Cat
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Did you mean that he has hyperaesthesia (over sensitive/reactive to pain) or hyperthyroidism? Can you describe what signs this actually causes?
When did he last pass urine?
Do you think that back leg treading looks like he is trying to spray without urinating?
If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?
Can he keep water down?
Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?
Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, rocks, plants, chemicals, etc)?