Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

Mybcat gave birth tobfour kittens(2nd litter) last one was born around 3pm- now shes actin

Customer Question

Mybcat gave birth tobfour kittens(2nd litter) last one was born around 3pm- now shes acting odd- still looks pregnant and i can feel at least one more baby kicking-
Shes not stopped purring , and seems tobbe gasping for air every few breaths
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and Nekita today.
Congratulations on your new, furry additions!
While it's not unusual for cats to have long periods of time in between deliveries, because all kittens may not be from the same father if she mated while she was in heat, with more than one male, the fact that she seems to be having trouble breathing indicates that she may need help delivering this last baby. If she is panting because she is still in labor, that's different, but if she's nursing the other kittens and walking around and eating/drinking/eliminating, it doesn't sound like she would still be in labor at this time.
It would be a good idea to bring her to the nearest ER vet center, along with the kittens (keep them all together in a nesting box filled with warm towels or put them in a blanket-lined laundry basket) and have the vet evaluate her. The last kitten may not be ready to be born yet, or she may need a C-section or she may need help to breathe better. An x-ray can be taken to see the position of this last kitten, and there may even be more than one.
I hope all will be well with Nekita and her babies! Please let me know how she's doing.
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Warmest regards,
Cher