Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My cats stomach is making lots of gurgling noises. She was

Customer Question

My cats stomach is making lots of gurgling noises. She was recently treated for vomiting & weightless and changed her diet to mavel protein. She started doing much better then she started vomiting again & staring when urinitating I took her back in and she pee in the carrier with blood. She took three weeks of antibiotics & was doing fine. Two days after completing mess she stated vomiting again & now I constantly hear gurgling in her stomach. She is 16 I don't know what to do or what the vet is missing as they have done X-rays & blood test why is this happening. But her spirit is good so I don't know what I should be doing for her. Any suggestions?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a copy of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but her vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com.
I need to consider that her urinary tract infection has returned because such infections can nauseate and result in her vomiting and I have to consider that changing her diet to a potentially hypoallergenic one - the novel protein - wasn't enough to treat whatever else might be causing her vomiting - and there are more possible etiologies at her age than I can post in this venue. If blood tests and X-rays haven't identified the cause of her vomiting and we can rule out a urinary tract infection at this time, abdominal ultrasound is the next diagnostic of choice. It's more sensitive of an imaging technique than are X-rays and can pick up the subtle inflammatory changes seen in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and infiltrative malignancies of the gastrointestinal tract common at Gigi's age such as small cell lymphoma and mastocytosis.
Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.