Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat usually go's outside but moved recently I don't let

Customer Question

My cat usually go's outside but moved recently I don't let her out any more she's been scratching behind both ears and has scabs behind them also when I pet her I've noticed little tiny bump's on her skin besides her sliding her butt across the carpet
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and your kitty.
First, you're doing the absolute right thing in not allowing her outside since you moved. She's not familiar with the area and might get lost, not to mention any outside dangers she may encounter.
She may be scratching behind both ears because she's itchy from external parasites like fleas or mites or ear mites and the tiny bumps you feel on her skin might be miliary dermatitis, a typically flea-related condition. Even though she doesn't spend any time outside at the new place, fleas can be brought in on humans' shoes and pant legs. Here is more information:
http://www.cat-world.com.au/miliary-dermatitis-in-cats
If she is 'scooting' (sliding her butt across the carpet), this may indicate an irritation on her anal area, intestinal parasites that cause itching when she passes stool, or her anal glads may need to be emptied or 'expressed.'
http://www.cat-world.com.au/Cat-Health-Collection/anal-scooting-in-cats.html
For all these symptoms, it would be best to have your furry girl evaluated in person by a vet, as soon as possible, in order to get a definite diagnosis and treatment, so she's feeling much more comfortable.
I hope all will be well with your kitty and please let me know how she's coming along and what the vet tells you. Thanks!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback as that is the only way I get credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!
If you need any additional information, just click reply and I will be here for you and your cat. Rating will not cut off our communication. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.
Warmest regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cher