Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

I was given my cat his meds amitryptyline 5mg, and accidentally

Customer Question

i was given my cat his meds amitryptyline 5mg, and accidentally gave him one of mine 25mg seroquel. will he be okay? what could happen to him?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thanks for requesting me to answer your question.
Seroquel is not usually used in cats and it would be best to induce vomiting to get it out of his system, but it's better not to do this at home, but bring him to an ER vet now, if you just gave it to him within the past hour or so.
This can have serious side effects. Symptoms to watch for would be vomiting, lethargy, labored breathing, unresponsiveness.
Try to get your kitty to an ER vet center, now. If you don't know the nearest one to you, please tell me your city, state and zipcode.
I hope all will be well with your furry boy, once he's treated by the vet with activated charcoal to neutralize/bind the medication in his system.
Please let me know how he's doing. Thanks!
Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I'm just checking back with you to see how your cat is doing.
Were you able to bring him to a vet last night, to induce vomiting and/or administer activated charcoal to bind the medication in his system?
Please let me know, as I am concerned about him.
Thank you very much!
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shane,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cher