Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat is vomiting when her stomach is empty, the large pad on her back left is peeling, a

Customer Question

My cat is vomiting when her stomach is empty, the large pad on her back left is peeling, along with two small pads on her front right. Worried about her. Any ideas?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry Lucia is not feeling well.
How long is she vomiting like this?
What and when did she eat last?
Do you have any idea how she hurt her pads?
Does she go outside?
After your reply please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.
Thanks,
Terri
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's been vomiting a little over 24 hours. She ate a bowl of Pure Vida cat food this morning. I'm not sure how she hurt them. They are peeling a little bit. She never goes outside.Thank you.
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much for your very helpful reply.
Lucia may nauseated. First, see if she will lick an ice cube to relieve it.
You can give her one quarter of a ten mg pepcid A/C (famotidine) in soft food. I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken or turkey (no onion or garlic). Wait 20 minutes and offer the rest of the jar.
Pick up any dry cat food and wet with pieces, chunks or shreds. Feed ONLY smooth pate canned or baby food for the next 24 hours.
Apply plain neosporen to her injured pads. It is safe if she licks some.
If you want to protect her feet when she goes into her box you can put on infant socks taped at the top.
Please let me know how she is doing. Just press reply and I will be here for you. I hope she feels better very soon.
Love,
Terri
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lucia. How is everything going?

Terri