petdrz
petdrz, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in caring for dogs and cats.
21300550

Our cat walks with a wobble in rear quarters, like she has

Customer Question

Our cat walks with a wobble in rear quarters, like she has trouble controlling them. She sometimes actually flops down.This has been a problem for over a year and may be slowly getting worse.
Category: Cat
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance, but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.
.......
Has she had any imaging studies of her hindlegs and spine? Xrays or ultrasound?
.......
Does she seem painful at all?
......
Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, she has not had any imaging studies.she does not seem to be in pain.
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.
It can be difficult to determine if a cat is in pain or not. The next step would be to proceed with some sort of imaging, especially if she were responding to the pred. Radiographs are very limited in what they can show, but a test like an MRI would be very useful to better evaluate the spinal cord and nerves. A spinal tap could be very helpful as well in identifying any inflammatory or infectious lesions.
.........
I would definitely seek the expertise of veterinary neurologist. Good luck to you with getting some help for her.
.......
Please let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.