Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My kitten is just six days old. Yesterday an older cat knocked

Customer Question

My kitten is just six days old. Yesterday an older cat knocked a book off the shelf and the edge of it landed on the poor little one. Today, I noticed his paw is very swollen on top and a couple of the nails are askew. He doesn't favor it or seem to be in pain, but he's so young, I'm not sure he would react if he was. Is there something I can do at home to help or should I take him to a vet?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to your young kitten!
It's possible that a bone or bones in his paw are fractured, so it would be advisable to have him evaluated in person by a vet. An x-ray may be needed to see the extent of the damage.
Due to his young age and the symptoms you described, I would definitely have him seen by a vet, today.
I hope all will be well with your little furry one!
Please let me know how he's doing and what the vet's findings are. Thanks!
Please kindly rate my answer with positive feedback and if you have any additional questions, just click Reply and I will always be here for you and your kitties. Rating will not cut off our ability to communicate. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.
Warmest wishes,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
I also wanted to add that there are two vet clinics that offer a coupon for a first visit for new customers and they have weekend hours, so hopefully, there is one near you:
http://www.vcahospitals.com/main/offer
http://www.banfield.com/landing/index.html
Warmest regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cher