Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat has been squatting in different places, straining like she is trying to go No. 2 an

Customer Question

My cat has been squatting in different places, straining like she is trying to go No. 2 and notice small areas of blood coming out of her urethra..
She pooped one time and then has just been going to different places and trying to strain. I thought she was constipated trying to go. Then noticed her licking herself, took a better look and blood tinged liquid coming from her pee not her butt. This has been going on for the last hour now. I gave her a dose of amoxicillan that I had left over about 1/2 hour ago.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 days ago she peed & pooped outside her litter box. She is now on the couch and still having blood come out, then licking her bottom
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I apologize no one has helped you before now. My name is***** just signed in and saw your question. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions. Is she passing urine at all? Is she spayed, if not when was her last heat cycle? Any other trouble such as loss of appetite, vomiting etc? Any previous medical history?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for answering. I ended up taking her to the emergency vet. She has a bad uti, on pain med and antibiotic. Thank you!!
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am glad you ended up taking her in. A UTI would have been my guess as well and I would have suggested taking her in. Thank you for taking the time to let me know. Give her a good pet from me and tell her I hope she feels better soon