Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Thank god , we're so worried about our 18mth old

Customer Question

Hi. Thank god for you, we're so worried about our 18mth old desexed male. He came in last night with a tight stomach which we noticed after he threw up a very large amount of water. He barely moved last night and his eyes looked dull. This morning he went outside and laid in the sun as usual and I went off to attend to my errands. It was dark before we found him laying in the cold dew grass. We brought him inside. He's very lethargic. Won't eat or drink. He's laying with the side of his face in his water bowl. We found a dead rat out the front of our neighbours this morning. I'm scared our little guy may have ingested rat poison while chasing rats.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry Vladimir is poorly.
Can you please pull up the skin at his scruff and tell me if it springs back or moves slowly?
Are his gums pale or white?
Thanks,
Terri