Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Imissed my cat's regular shot at 8 pm. Should I give it n

Customer Question

Imissed my cat's regular shot at 8 pm. Should I give it now?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. The best thing to do in this sort of situation is just to miss this injection but give the next shot at the usual time.2. Of course Jack might have a few hours of slightly raised blood glucose but this will do no harm over such a short period of time and if you go down this road there will be no chance of a hypoglycaemic crisis by giving the injection late. This should be no real problem as secondary changes occur in the body due to consistent raised blood glucose levels over a period of many weeks and months. A small rise over the period of a few hours should not harm him and this way you are excluding all possibility of a hypoglycaemic crisis, which as you know can be a serious situation. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. Didn't know this service existed and am glad to know of it. This has never happened before (a missed dose) so I was very worried.
No problem, very glad to have advised you ...
Regards,
Dr Scott.
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi Diana Veatch,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Jack. How is everything going?