Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

I puts dog revolution on my cat by mistake, I took a wet rag

Customer Question

I puts dog revolution on my cat by mistake, I took a wet rag and wipe my cat off right away. Is he going to be alright?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I apologize that no one has helped you sooner. I just signed online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Just wiping it off with a wet cloth is not going to be enough. Flea preventions are oil based so what you want to do is wash the area where the Revolution was applied with dis soap to cut the oil and fully remove the product. I would wash this area twice just as a precaution. Cats can have serious complications from using a higher dog dose. What you want to watch for is extreme lethargy, loss of appetite,vomiting, facial or other muscle tremors in sever cases seizures can develop as well.. If anything out of the ordinary develops then I would have Jasmine seen by your vet. Most cats will do just fine after an over dose of flea medication, however many do require supportive care which includes IV fluids to flush the system and possible muscle relaxers or anti seizure meds if warranted I hope this helps and she does ok. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few minutes to provide a rating so that justanswer is notified that your questions have been addressed and I can be compensated for my time.Candy
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Jasmine. How is everything going?

Candy R.