Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My cat has been missing since last night now he has come running

Customer Question

My cat has been missing since last night now he has come running home but does not seem to be able to stand or walk. He doesn't seem to have any injury but I'm freaking out
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Chris and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and Averil.

I'm so sorry to hear that he was missing for about 24 hours, but so glad to hear he's home. He does not sound like he's in a good state and you don't know what happened to him while he was outside.

If he can't stand or walk, He might have been injured or suffered a trauma that is internal and if he has no interest in eating or drinking, all these signs point to a necessary vet visit, immediately. Bring him to an ER vet if your regular vet has no emergency hours, because he needs to be evaluated in person so we can find out if and where he's injured. Some imaging, like an x-ray may be needed and blood work will be needed, too. He may have been hit by a vehicle or have a head injury or spine injury.

He may have not eaten or drunk anything since he disappeared last night and he's weak. Also, he might have ingested a toxic substance or caught a mouse that ate poison, and then ate the mouse and was poisoned 'by proxy.' Rat poison is lethal, as it takes the clotting factor out of the blood.

If you don't know the location of your nearest ER vet center, please provide your city, state and zipcode and I'll help you find it, or you can check this site: CLICK

I hope you're able to have Averil seen right away and all will be well. Please keep me posted. Thanks!

Please kindly rate my answer with positive feedback and if you have any additional questions, just click Reply and I will always be here for you and Averil. Rating will not cut off our ability to communicate. This question will always be open for you to reply to me.

Warmest wishes,
Cher