Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

He has been out a lot of late, even overnight, he had a bad

Customer Question

He has been out a lot of late, even overnight, he had a bad limp for three days but seems over that now he doesn't want to go out and has vomited green bile on four occasions. He seems so weak and skinny but still purrs when stroked, what's wrong?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Vomiting bile and being weak and skinny are important symptoms but they're nonspecific symptoms of illness. To be able to tell you what's wrong with Arry I would need to perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests and perhaps imaging in the form of X-rays or ultrasound.
I know that you didn't come to this site to be told that Arry needs to see his vet but that's just what I recommend your doing for him. Purring isn't necessarily a sign of contentment. Painful and ill cats purr as well. Please respond with additional information or further questions or concerns if you wish.