Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Ok..here it is..i took my 7 yo female cat to have sinus culture.

Customer Question

ok..here it is..i took my 7 yo female cat to have sinus culture. she had been having nasal discharge on occassion slight pink. been has been gone with antibiotics. after treatment stoped.it did return. without blood or tinge of pink. this is the reason for culture, maybe wrong meds for her. infection or tooth was suspected. the vet called me a in panic said she began to hemorrhage when he did culture with the cath in right sinus. he asked if she had been bleeding or sneezing blood.I said no she has not. he then said he was wrong. after insisting xray waste of money, she now needed asap.now my baby has a wet sloppy sound in her throat that was never present in her life. I am so scared. what happened to my baby during this visit? was something injured during procedure? is my baby still bleeding? after incident yes black stool. then normal. then started to turn black again. waiting for another bowl movement to see what now .please help!
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also wanted to add that she did have dental cleaning with extractions in sept. of this year
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about Sweetie. I am a veterinarian, and will do my best to help.
I just came online and saw your question. I am so sorry you have been waiting this long before getting and expert to help you.
How is Sweetie doing? Do you still need help with her?
Did your veterinarian do a culture or any kind of testing on her sinus fluid?
This is an Info Request, to help me answer your questions, and see if you still need help.