Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My kitten crashed.

Customer Question

My kitten crashed.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry your kitten crashed.
Please describe exactly what happened?
How old is the baby?
Thanks,
Terri
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im a foster and I lost 6 kittens so far. Im actually at the vet right now. They din't find what is going on. I visited 3 vets so far and always came back with a dead kitten and not really a redponse. I have a friend in my home country who is a foster as well. She tells me about an antibiotic it works well on kittens when you dont really find a cause a clear one
I want to try that antibiotic, my friend explain it works well and it save many almost dead kittens. But I need a preacription. It is called ceftriaxona 1g. They sell it in little bottle like fvrcp. I have to mix it with seline exactly like when you do the fvrcp shots. I would need a preacription from you even if just one bottle to see if it works. I lost many kittens and the reacue dont have the money to let us go to the vet all the time so I have to figure out something. My friens swear of this antibiotica and now even her vet uses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please please give me a prescription. I always get clavamox but that is not a help for sever situation. I need to try this antibiotic but I need prescription for it.
please
Expert:  Terri replied 1 year ago.
Bless you for fostering!
I am so sorry but by law only a vet that has actually seen the animal can write a prescription.
Why can't the vet you are at write one for you?
Can you please tell me what symptoms the babies have when they crash?
I am trying to see if they get dehydrated or hypoglycemic.
do they vomit or have diarrhea?
How old are they?