Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My son's cat ate a 2.5 percocett about 20 minutes ago

Customer Question

Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and Tara today.
Because Percocet contains acetaminophen, which is extremely toxic to cats and can cause liver failure, Tara should be seen and treated by a vet immediately, who will either induce vomiting and/or give her activated charcoal to bind/neutralize the medication so it is not absorbed by her body.
If you want to induce vomiting yourself, here are the instructions, but I would strongly recommend that you treat this as a medical emergency and get her to a vet or an ER vet center, right away:
http://www.petplace.com/article/cats/diseases-conditions-of-cats/emergency-trauma-urgent-care/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-cats
I hope all will be well with Tara and please let me know how she's doing. Thanks!
A positive rating is greatly appreciated so I get credit for my time and assistance. Thank you very much!
Warmest regards,
Cher