Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

I have two young female cats they were fine yesterday but when

Customer Question

I have two young female cats they were fine yesterday but when I got home from work today neither can walk properly its as if they are very drunk
Category: Cat
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am so sorry to hear your kittys have you worried. I would be happy to help.
Have they had access to any medications, plants or toxins such as antifreeze?
Any access to sugar free gum?
What color are their gums
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haven't had access to anything that I'm aware of. Their gums are lite pink kind of pale
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you. If both kittens have been effected at the same time then I suspect they have gotten in to something toxic. I would check around the house and look for plants that may have been chewed on, missing medications any gum that contains xylitol or if they go outside access to antifreeze.
Marijuana or other recreation drugs can cause this as well, that is not to imply that you have any of these in your home I am just trying to list the possible causes.
Depending on how young they are if they have not eaten recently they could be experiencing hypoglycemia ( low blood glucose levels) You can try offering some pancake syrup or honey and see if this brings them back around.The chance that this is the cause is very small with both kittens being effected.
If possible I have to suggest getting them in to the vet for supportive care as I really suspect this is due to an ingestion of some type of toxin.If this was anything other then some type of toxin it would be very odd to see both kittens effected at the same time.
I hope they do ok. Please keep me posted and do not hesitate to reply back if you have additional questions.
If you have no additional questions please take the time to provide a rating to close out the question. Closing the question does not mean that you can not come back for follow up as the question is always open to you. It simply closes it on my end so I can assist other pet owners. I strive to provide excellent service so please reply back if I can be of additional assistance.
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Rick,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Rick Muntone. How is everything going?

Candy R.