Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My 6 month old kitty has a mildly cloudy right eye. It was

Customer Question

My 6 month old kitty has a mildly cloudy right eye. It was normal until today. The whole eye is cloudy. She has been squinting a bit with that eye so I'm worried it's affecting her vision. She doesn't have any known health issues, but she is very hyperactive so I'm assuming it could have been caused by blunt force? Should I take her into the vet?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and your kitty today.
I'm sorry to hear she has a cloudy right eye.
This could be an indication of a trauma to the eye, as you mentioned, a scratched cornea or corneal ulcer. It also may be a juvenile cataract. This can form for various reasons and sometimes, glaucoma or increased pressure in the eye, can happen with a cataract, so it's important to have her eye pressure checked. Another possibility is an eye infection which has formed a pus pocket in the eye and this is contributing to the cloudy appearance.
If she's squinting, it's bothering her and it might be affecting her vision. With one so young and the symptoms you describe, yes, she should absolutely be seen in person by the vet asap, so she can be diagnosed and treated so this doesn't become more serious.
I hope all will be well with your furry little girl and please let me know how she's doing and what the vet tells you. Thanks!
Please be so kind as to rate with positive feedback so I am credited for my assistance. Thank you very much!
Warmest regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Cher