Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

I have a cat that has been vomiting clear liquid couple

Customer Question

HI I have a cat that has been vomiting clear liquid for a couple of days
not constantly but at least once a day
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. I am sorry to hear about your kitty. I am happy to help you this evening. Usually when they vomit clear liquid like this it can indicate sensitivity to something in their diet or some acid reflux. I would start by giving pepcid AC (over the counter) 1/4 tablet by mouth twice daily for a week to see if this reduces the vomit. If this doesn't you can switch up the food to a sensitive stomach diet and see if this helps. If neither help then have your cat seen by your vet to see if anything more serious is going on. Usually the pepcid and/or food change will settle everything down.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time.