Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

Good morning..i found a homeless cat tangled all over some

Customer Question

Good morning..i found a homeless cat tangled all over some kind of vines few days ago, first, my toughts were that he was only tangled, but after removing the vines he still didnt move
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He can only move its head and lays down.has not control of his down body.for sure not hited by anything since he is a feral and does not go to the stret or aproach humans.vet believes thats a neuro problem.has been guven antiflamotory med but did not improve. Paints a little. I would like to have an idea if it can be a temporary situation and reversible before making a more drastic desicion.he has been force feeding and eats well.this kitten is about 10 months and was TNR(trapped neuter released)5 months ago and acted normal.
Expert:  Candy R. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you so much for saving this little one. I would be happy to help I just have a few questions so I can better assist you.
Did your vet do x rays?
Is he able to pass urine and stool on his own?
If you press hard between his toes on the hind legs does he show any signs that he feels what you are doing?
Have you checked him all over for ticks
How long was he on anti inflammatory meds and what medication was it
Did your vet say anything about testing for toxoplasmosis?