Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My kitten had her first round of vaccines yesterdayand this

Customer Question

My kitten had her first round of vaccines yesterdayand this morning she is not eating well and looks like a bobble head, she looks like she following something in the air but nothing is there. She was perfect before her shots and never did this prior. She is 6 weeks
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you and Arya today.

I'm so sorry to hear that she's experiencing a reaction to her first round of vaccinations. This is very common and usually includes a low-grade fever, lethargy, loss of appetite and only lasts about 48 hours. Soreness and pain at the injection site(s) are also common. Here is more information about reactions to vaccinations: CLICK

When it's time for her next booster/vaccination, you can discuss with the vet, giving her Benadryl before the vaccination, to help decrease side effects.

If she is drinking water on her own, that's great, and encourage it, so she doesn't become dehydrated.

The head bobbing may be related to the vaccinations, but it would depend on which vaccinations she received, what they contained, and where on her body they were injected. If this action continues, without any other symptoms developing, I would recommend putting a call in to your vet to report it, and have her seen again, if necessary. Of course, if any of her symptoms seem to worsen, get her seen by a vet or ER vet right away. This also may be coincidental and she developed a neurological condition which would need to be assessed.

I hope all will be well with your Arya and please let me know how she's doing. Thanks!

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Arya. How is everything going?

Cher