Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Do you think this video shows a neurological problem or injury.

Customer Question

do you think this video shows a neurological problem or injury. started today. 6 week old kitten. 4 littermates died within a week. 3 remaining.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
You'll need to post that video, please. No link is showing in your post at this time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It wont upload, says wrong file type. Can this site accept videos?

You'll need to upload your video to an external app such as YouTube, Shutterfly, or Vid and then give me the link to it - don't mark it "private", however.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B00FVi0RJdo

Thank you! Is the right front leg thinner than the left front leg? She appears to have injured the right front leg. She's dead lame on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she notices both seem to have a problem. ill try to get a better video. xray would be needed is my guess

Yes, careful palpation of her legs in an attempt to localize the problem and then X-rays if need be.
I'm going to be traveling through Sunday and might not be able to get to a computer as promptly as usual. I promise to reply as soon as I can, however.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

heres another

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi8RvFpb5YA

Thanks again. She just can't place that right front leg. If this is a new problem, she injured herself. If she's always been like that, it represents a congenital (present at birth) defect in the limb or, less likely, in her neck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its new, today. she'll take to the vet tomorrow but will sleep well tonight, she was worried it was a neurology issue.

Ah! An injury, then. Thank you for letting me know.
I'm going to check back with you in a few days for an update. Feel free to return to our conversation - even after rating - prior to my contacting you if you wish.
May I have an update, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for checking in. It was an injury, the next day she started using it and now she is back to her old self.

That's good to hear. Thank you for taking the time to let me know.