Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My daughters kitten is only about 2 1/2 weeks old and she was

Customer Question

My daughters kitten is only about 2 1/2 weeks old and she was lively and moving around two days ago. Today I found her out of her bed and she's not lively and feels cool. Just seems lifeless and barely moves. You can see her body move when she breaths but it seems as though she is having a hard time breathing. Not sure what to do for her.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you today.
My apologies for the delayed response, but the expert you requested is no longer active on the site, so I had to wait for her request lock to be released.
Your daughter's kitten sounds like she is in distress and needs to be seen by a vet right away. She may have crawled out of her bed and therefore, became chilled, as she was not laying with her mom, and a chilled kitten will not nurse. I hope mom is/was nursing her on a steady basis. The mom's licking should have helped to warm her and stimulate her, and you holding her against your chest under blankets is a great move, but I would get her into an ER vet center, if your vet is now closed or can't see you at this time, so she can be given supportive care. Little ones like this can go downhill pretty quickly, if they are ill, chilled, haven't eaten, etc.
I hope all will be well with Snowball and please let me know how she's doing and what the vet tells you. Thanks!
Warmest regards,
Cher