Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cat had a cut on shoulder. I washed with antibacterial soap

Customer Question

My cat had a cut on shoulder. I washed with antibacterial soap and put neosporin on it. Now it is ozing white liquid. What does that mean?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Hello again and thanks for waiting.I have worked out an answer for you below ...1. This is very short and to the point reply but it 100% covers your question : If the wound is oozing white liquid then there is very high degree of possibility that the wound is infected in the depths of the tissues. If this is the case then washing the surface and applying the likes of Neosporin is unlikely to be effective as they will not penetrate to the seat of the problem. 2. What should you do about it? : The chances are your cat needs a course of antibiotic tablets perhaps the likes of Amoxycillin or Clavamox, as these are prescription drugs this may mean a visit to your vet. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you call In a persciption to cvs?

Sorry I am unable to issue prescriptions via the net ...