Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Experience:  Feline Healthcare & Behavior Specialist 40+ years Experience
1470369

My kitten is 15 weeks and she isn't eating and won't drink

Customer Question

My kitten is 15 weeks and she isn't eating and won't drink nothing she is doing nothing but sleeping and she has vomited twice
Category: Cat
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you and your kitten. What is her name? Is she spayed yet? Does she spend any time outside? What food does she eat and when did she eat last? Is she using the litterbox for urination and b.m.'s? When did these symptoms first begin? Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me a short time to compose and send your answer. Warmest regards,Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, I hadn't heard back from you, so I will send my answer now, and then, if you have any other questions, please click Reply. A young kitten this age, who is not eating, drinking, and is very lethargic needs to be seen in person by a vet, immediately. Not eating, even for a short time can result in a serious liver condition called hepatic lipidosis or 'fatty liver' and the only treatment is eating again. If she's not drinking, she's most likely dehydrated and that is very dangerous for her. It's possible that she ate something toxic or a non-food item and that is causing her symptoms, or she may have a viral or bacterial infection in her system. She could have intestinal and/or external parasites which are making her feel sick. She could have been bitten by a venomous spider or other insect and this is causing her symptoms. As you an see, there are so many possibilities, that's why she needs to be seen in person, have some blood work done, and determine why she's feeling so poorly. If she feels very warm to the touch, she probably has fever and if you can check with a regular rectal or digital thermometer, normal temps for cats are between 100.5 and 102.5. Try to get her seen by a vet right now, and if it is after hours for you, you'll need to visit an ER vet center where they will diagnose her and treat her. I hope all will be well with your little furry girl! Please keep me posted on how she's doing and what the vet's findings are. Thanks! My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then positive feedback such as an excellent service rating or 5 stars (whichever option you're given) is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you with any additional information or clarification and I will be glad to continue.Warmest regards,Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Angie.

I'm just following up with you to see how your kitten is feeling and if you were able to have her seen by a vet, diagnosed and treated. If so, can you please tell me the vet's findings? Thanks!

If you found the information in my answer helpful, please let me know. Thank you!

If you need any additional information or have further concerns, please don't hesitate to ask me by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will answer as soon as possible.

I appreciate the opportunity to be of help to you and your kitten and thank you for entrusting your question to me and Just Answer!

I hope all will be well with your kitten!

Warmest wishes,

Cher