Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer
23185754

we took our cat (3 years) in for a well cat ck up and update

we took our cat (3 years) in for a well cat ck up and update shots. They levaged her ears also. since we brought her home she cant walk. she's disoriented. Yetserday she got fluids and perked up but still cant walk. She stumbles around like shes drunk. The vet says she seems to have vertigo and wants to let it clear up on its own. Its been 2 days and not getting any better.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that Lady Bug is having some trouble.

Cleaning the ears can in some pets result in a condition called Vestibular disease which is similar to vertigo in humans.
Click here for additional information.

In most cases this resolves on its own in 7-10 days but can last a few weeks in some pets.
As long as she is eating and drinking then the best thing to do is just keep her in a small area where she can not get hurt and try to stimulate her as little as possible. Giving medication designed for motion sickness can be helpful in severe cases. Some pets will require hospitalization if they are unable to eat or drink or they have trouble with vomiting.

I would give her a few days and hopefully she will improve.I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to continue.
Candy