Candy R.
Candy R., Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

I spilled pineapple juice on my cat. She is licking herself

I spilled pineapple juice on my cat. She is licking herself where the pineapple juice spilled. Am I correct. There is no problem with the pineapple juice.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years.Thank you for allowing me to assist you today.

Pineapple juice is not toxic and will cause no problems if she licks it off so I would not worry. Its a nice sweet treat for her, not something I would let her have daily or in large amount but in this case she will be fine.

I hope this helps ease your mind. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue.
Hi Karen,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Merry. How is everything going?

Candy R.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just have to be more careful what I spilled on my self. She also like play with rubber bands. I did see where she ate it then it ended in the litter box.

Be very careful with rubber bands and try not to let her have them. This is a common cause of intestinal obstruction in cats and this can become life threatening resulting in surgical removal.