CalCatDoc
CalCatDoc, Veterinarian
Experience:  I'm a veterinarian specializing in cats and have owned cats for 35 years. I love all things feline!
74496554

I left Clindamycin out for twelve hours inside my cabinet that

I left Clindamycin out for twelve hours inside my cabinet that I use for medical supplies. I forgot to put the cap back on after medicating the sick kittens I am taking care of for the humane society. I was having some bad headaches and just got to bed real fast after the last kitten.

Since the Clindamycin doesn't have to be refrigerated and it was inside a cabinet rather than being exposed directly to the air, it should be fine? Still has same consistency, color and smell. I gave the regular dose this morning, but the next dose is in a couple of hours.

If it is not fine, what should I do about the next few doses (obviously I don't want to miss a dose) until tomorrow when the humane afternoon when the humane society opens up again?
Category: Cat
Expert:  CalCatDoc replied 9 months ago.

CalCatDoc :

Hi! I'm CalCatDoc and I can help with your question.

Customer:

Hi how are you

CalCatDoc :

Clindamycin is shelf stable at room temperature. The only reason we refrigerate it is because at cold temperatures it doesn't taste as nasty so it's easier to get it into the cat.

Customer:

So even though I did not have the cap on, it should still be okay?

CalCatDoc :

It should be fine.

Customer:

Okay thank you!

CalCatDoc :

YVW

CalCatDoc, Veterinarian
Experience: I'm a veterinarian specializing in cats and have owned cats for 35 years. I love all things feline!