Hello, and welcome!
My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
From your description, it sounds like Charlie has developed feline acne. It is similar to human acne, as it can be caused by overactive sebaceous (oil) glands that get plugged, and it can also be caused by the use of plastic bowls, as you mentioned you're using for their water. Here is additional information: Click
Sometimes, an allergy to metal bowls can also be acquired, so it's best to feed both food and water from glass or ceramic bowls and wash with hot soapy water every day; rinse well, and dry. Plastic can develop tiny cracks in which bacteria can live and may never be clean enough, that's why it's recommended not to use them.
For Charlie's chin, wash with warm water and an antibacterial soap, rinse well with clear water, then dab lightly with hydrogen peroxide, diluted betadine or an astringent like Sea Breeze on a cotton ball, pat dry and apply a thin film of plain Neosporin to help heal the open sores. However, you do want to keep the area clean and dry, so wash Charlie's face and chin/lip area after eating, if it gets dirty. If the sores don't clear up on their own, have this symptom evaluated by your vet in person and s/he will prescribe treatment. If a bacterial infection is present, antibiotics may be prescribed.
I hope all will be well with Charlie!
If you found my answer helpful, please Rate positively so I may receive credit. Thank you!
If you need any clarification, please click 'Reply'.