Hello, thanks for your question today! I am Dr. Drew, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
The PCR test for FIP is NOT 100% specific for the disease,
so it's not a step I typically take.
IN a cat with pleural effusion, it is vitally important to obtain a sample of fluid from the chest cavity, to submit for laboratory analysis.
From your description, FIP does not seem to be especially likely, given the protein levels you described, but it is a possibility.
I would be more suspicious, given his advanced age, and the presence of pleural effusion, that there might be cancer present in the chest cavity.
An ultrasound of the chest would be a non-invasive method of attempting to identify a possible mass or tumor.
Thank you i will ask vet for chest ultra soud
Diuretics are not usually very useful in reducing pleural effusion, unfortunately, so it is likely that a procedure known as Thoracocentesis will be needed, both for obtaining a sample of fluid for testing, as well as to make him more comfortable.
Now he breath normal 20 per Min still need that test?
if you want to find out what is causing the pleural effusion, then yes, the fluid test is needed.
I worried propofol for sadation and possible decline on his condition
yes, it is a risk, but in my experience, heavy sedation isn't usually needed for most cats. Light sedation is usually all that's required in many cases.
IF PCR test show FIP or not Fip any defference on treatments? I'm worrying his life quality
IN my opinion, the PCR test is a waste of time and money.
if FIP is suspected, treatment is prednisone (a steroid), to reduce the symptoms...
whether or not FIP is "proven" or not,
the treatment is the same, if other diseases are ruled out.
what test shold i ask to my vet for iffusion?
Fluid Analysis with Cytology.
small vet office can do that test?
no, it is sent in to a laboratory.
if treatments are all same, still need Fluid Analysis with Cytology?
yes, because that may find other causes such as cancer or infection.
OK. I will ask my vet that test... thank you for chat with me. one more question, sorry^^ do i need that test ASSP or can wait more days? becase He went to vet CBC(bacause of error occure 14.OCT) yesterday.
The longer you wait, the longer it takes to get a diagnosis, and that means that the treatment cannot be made more accurate until then.
ok. I will call the vet office for oppointment. Thank you for your answer^^
you are very welcome. I wish you both all the best.