Theresa
Theresa, A Voice for your Pet
Experience:  19+ years in animal medicine as a veterinary technician
1484153

Hello i have a young male kitten who recently had his eye removed.

Hello i have a young male kitten who recently had his eye removed. Its been 8 days and he managed to remove one of his stitches. The area bled very little but i am concerned and want to be sure he will heal. The vet told me to bring him back on after ten days for complete removal of the stitches so will he be ok?

Theresa :

Most likely there won't be an issue with the one stitch coming out after the 7 days mark. At this point the tissue is mostly healed and the stitches next to it should be holding the skin together. This is the scenario of the average pet. If you see an opening or drainage from the eye lids then I would bring him in because we don't want to trap bacteria in there and create a very serious infection. In the majority of cases an incision is healed between 7 and 10 days. I would do everything possible to prevent him from removing any further stitches or running his eyelids until all of the stitches are removed.

Theresa :

Thank you

Theresa :

Theresa

Customer: There is some drainage looks like plasma and mild amounts of blood. He is still on antibiotics and also has a special ointment for the wound itself. Today is day ten and later we will be going to the vet. His "eye" is visably healing i just wanted to be sure he would be oj. Thank you for your time, we are grateful.
Theresa :

No problem. I hope that everything has gone well at the vet.

Theresa :

Theresa

Hi Heather,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Gov'na/Gov/ Governor. How is everything going?

Theresa